The Psychology Undergraduate Research Community (PURC) is a group led by graduate students intended to create a community for undergraduate students to learn more about psychological research, present to their peers, and develop professional skills outside of the laboratory. Through these meetings, we hope that undergraduates are able to meet and learn from graduate students, and gain access to mentorship.
For the Fall 2022 semester, we will meet in Sidney Smith Hall in person. In the past, meetings have included:
- 15-minute talks by ROP, independent study, or thesis students
- 15-minute literature updates by any undergraduates
- Guest presentations from faculty
- Guest presentations from graduate students
- Statistical skills, such as using RStudio
- Graduate school Q&A
If you want to join, no research experience is necessary – everyone is welcome at our meetings. Keep browsing to sign up for our listserv, find resources, or see our schedule!